AspireWallet makes it possible for anyone to create assets (also known as tokens, coins, derivatives, and cryptocurrencies) that are then owned by the address they were issued from. Ownership enables you to issue more units of your asset, lock the supply, change the description, and customize other settings. To learn more about asset settings, click here.
Assets can be divisible or indivisible. Assets that are not divisible will only exist in whole units (1,2,3,etc.) Divisible assets support up to 8 decimal places. You can create as many assets as you like or need, and there is no limit to Assets created with Aspire.
There are three types of Aspire Assets:
- Alphabetical Asset (For Custom Named Assets Example “BACON”) Names must be between 4 and 12 uppercase letters and cannot start with the letter “A”. To create an alphabetical asset, you will need enough GASP (currently less than 0.00010000) for a transaction fee and you will need 10 ASP on the address you are using.
- Alphabetical Sub Asset (Custom Named Sub Assets Example “ABCoin”) Names must be between 4 and 12 uppercase letters. To create an alphabetical asset, you will need enough GASP (currently less than 0.00010000) for a transaction fee and you will need 10 ASP on the address you are using.
- Alphanumeric Asset (example “A12149713090358620000”) are free to register and only require a GASP transaction fee (like all other AspireWallet actions) on the issuing address. If you only want to create and trade numeric assets, you will not need any ASP. Numeric assets must start with an “A”.
Creating a new Asset is simple:
- Log in AspireWallet.com or create a wallet on AspireWallet.com
- Make sure your address has enough GASP for a transaction fee (currently less than 0.00010000 GASP)
- If you want to create an alphabetical token, your address will also need 10 ASP for the anti-spam fee
- Click “Address Actions” on your address
- Click “Create a Token/Asset”
- Choose a type, description, quantity and divisiblity for your asset. You can create a description for your asset, which can either be plain text, a URL to your asset’s official page, or a URL to a JSON file containing extended info. To learn more about extended info, look for information for Aspire Enhanced Asset Info. It is also possible to register a asset with an issuance of 0 units, as a placeholder.